It’s not long now boys and girls – the biggest Brazilian jiu-jitsu event of the year, the 2007 World Championships begins in a matter of minutes! Just a few quick tips for those who are making the trip to Long Beach, California for the Mundials…
- You weigh in just once while wearing the gi immediately before your first match
- You have to present identification to the officials before every fight! Don’t forget yours!
- I hope you’re still not looking for a hotel for the weekend, but just in case here’s a link to find lodging in Long Beach.
- Like most tourneys, your girlfriend/boyfriend/significant other must pay to get in. Ticket prices are $5 on Thursday, $10 for Friday and Saturday, and $15 for Sunday
- I haven’t spent much time in the Los Angeles area, but every time I have it has meant traffic. Plan for it!
Lastly, if you see me wandering around, make sure you say hello! This is going to be an incredible event and I look forward to meeting everyone.