Time for a new feature here on The FightWorks Podcast.com! Let me introduce it this way:
As you know, we feel that some of the best content that we offer in our Brazilian jiu-jitsu internet radio show comes from you, The Mighty 600,000.
The idea behind this one is simple: I am not able to get out there and cover all the Brazilian jiu-jitsu and submission grappling events out there but you guys & girls are out there most weekends at a tournament somewhere. Why not get visibility into all that great jiu-jitsu content? So we are accepting written reports of tournaments that you attend.
A few of guidelines about what we are looking for:
- Please keep your reports between 300 and 1,000 words. We want some detail but do not need an encyclopedia.
- No bashing. You are a reporter.
- No promoting. You are a reporter. Due to the conflict of interest present, we don’t accept TRT pieces from those who are associated with the event they’re writing about.
- If you want to mention your own performance at the BJJ or grappling tourney, that is okay but remember the report is not about you, it is about the tournament.
- If I think your report needs a little polishing or tweaking before being published, I will take care of that. But I won’t change the meaning of your content.
- If you have your own blog out there, please do not reproduce your piece over on your own site. We are looking for original, unique content.
- If you send along a few photos, we will try to get one posted with your report. If the photo is of a grappling or jiu-jitsu match in progress, please try to tell us who it is in the photo.
- You must have your report emailed to me at caleb AT (this website) DOT com by mid-day on Monday. That way if there’s any last minute questions about your report, we can hammer them out.
I think that covers it for now. I may edit the guidelines above if I have forgotten anything. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Oh, and if you did not know already where to find out about upcoming BJJ tournaments near you, iCompete.org is a great resource.